Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Infatuations

Everybody has their celebrity crushes, right? I mean, at some point in life every person has a small infatuation with someone in the public eye. Please tell me I'm not the only one!

I've not had many of these crushes. One however has hung around longer than the rest. That crush is the one and only, poet of our time...John Mayer. I do love John. He writes songs that are straight from my diary (if I kept a diary, which I've tried to for years but only have gotten through one day for most of them.)

I've seen him in concert 3 times, which for a lot of people would seem like a lot, until you realize that some people actually follow an artist around at all of their tour dates, seeing them upwards of 20 times. He has amazed me every time.

The only problem this presents is this (well, I'm sure there is more than just one problem, but I digress): what happens if I actually do meet said Mr. Mayer? I am really doubting this will happen (although I have changed "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" to "4 degrees of John Mayer.") If I did meet him, what would I say? Would I act like I don't know who he is? Would I erase my gift subscription to his fan club (thanks Berge, Liza and Han!)? Would I act like I have never seen him in concert? And that's just me...

What about the people in my life who know about my love of John? Would they be able to keep the secret? Now, I have often thought (and still somewhat question) that I am a subject of a reality show, somewhat like EdTV. If so, you are all doing a great job! I am just now figuring it out. If this is true, then he already knows who I am and all of this is for naught.

And I use too many parentheses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THE PRESSURE TO BE WITTY!!!! ITS JUST TOO MUCH!

Anonymous said...

John Mayer huh?!?! I'd say act like you didn't know him. Then he may give you the time of day....or just sing an alicia keys song. Thats sure to win him over. You've got good pipes.