Thursday, July 3, 2008

R.I.P. Bozo

As a child, I loved to wake up and turn to channel 9 (WGN) to watch Bozo the Clown. Bozo and his friend Cookie (also a clown) would show us various hi-jinks (I'm pretty sure I hated Cookie and ran to the kitchen when it was his segment. Bozo was where it was at.) Who can forget the Grand Prize Game? I certainly can't. I remember they won a Huffee bike if they won it all. I think there was some sort of consolation prize of some Chicago-brand cookies if you didn't win. Ah, memories.


I say this to break the news that Bozo is dead. Not the concept of Bozo...the actual guy who played Bozo. After a crappy mood day, I didn't need this news.

2 comments:

Natalie Stone said...

Bozo's not dead! The Chicago Bozo may be, but Bozo is not dead.

Bozo is actually a franchise, and at one time, there were over 50 Bozos. I know this because I did a play with the Nashville Bozo last October, and he is still alive and kicking. So don't worry, America's most recognizable clown lives on!

Sarah said...

oh gosh..I cant believe that! I watched it every morning!! Can we talk about the juice they always gave away...cheap.