Sunday, February 15, 2009

Celebrating Women...

I picked up the March addition of Marie Claire because well the gals from 'He's Just Not that Into You' were on the cover and lets be honest...I'm dying to know what color nail polish Ginnifer Goodwin had on all throughout the movie (the mag. doesn't reveal it, if you know feel free to comment!). To my surprise I found this amazing exhibition of portraits of women. A French photographer who goes by JR has traveled for the past year in Africa, Asia and South America taking portraits of victimized women. He then has made massive prints that he has plastered in places all over the world...this is illegal so thats why he is obviously not using his entire name. To quote Marie Claire 'The idea is to celebrate the strength and courage of women who live in places where they are often target in wartime-and discriminated against in times of peace'. You really need to go to his site to see the portraits and see the effect of where he has placed them, it's the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Here are a few from his site to give you an idea of what I am talking about.



No comments: