Monday, February 9, 2009

How I became famous...

Only in Nashville!
So I was singing loudly in my room the other day whilst the roommate was away. Erin McCarley and I were jamming out. She'd hit the high notes, I'd hit the high notes. It was a thing of beauty. Suddenly I hear a knock on the door...I normally wouldn't answer as I have been solicited to many times by people selling magazines giving me some sob story about how they just need 1000 more points to get a trip of a lifetime. Save it, kid!

But I digress...I look through the peep hole and a woman in her 40s wearing a nice suit is standing there. She tells me she was visiting a friend in an apartment in my building and heard my singing. She's a music producer with some big shot record company. She wanted to bring me into the studio to see what all I could do. I told her my situation...that I am about to move and it's really not a good time. She insisted and I went down to Sony with her to sing for some people and I NOW HAVE A RECORD DEAL!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT???


No? Probably good because it didn't happen. I did however find in my packing that one of the windows in my room has been ajar for the past few months (since I last opened it in the Fall.) So not only did the aforementioned story not happen, people probably heard my off pitch singing, my phone conversations, my prayers, etc. 

3 comments:

Michael and Jana said...

Either I'm really that gullible or I just remember you having a really great voice. You really did have me going.

Susan P. said...

the truth is that really COULD happen! you have a beautiful singing voice :)

Anonymous said...

I never knew about this beautiful singing voice referred to above! I think this alone is cause for you get in your car and get back to Nashville...pronto!