Saturday, April 11, 2009

It.Is.A.MIRACLE

I don't think I've ever talked about Callie on here before so let me brief you. Callie is my parents dog, we got her when I went off to college to keep the rents company...now we already had a sheltie, Lacy but we felt the need to get Callie to entertain.Right. Callie is a Lapso Apso, those small dogs that have the hair that goes to the floor, although Callie doesn't because for some reason hers has a little curl in it so we choose the short do. She is not the smartest dog out there...if you saw how big her head was you might realize how big her brain probably is, therefor not a lot of room for much. She has a mind of her own making it almost impossible to train her. She can act smart when she wants something. She loves to lay her head on the lap top, I like to think she talks to her peeps when we are not here via the lap top. She can be a little psycho...if she doesn't want to be picked up or touched she will snap at you and sometimes bite you, I have the war wounds to prove. I do love to tease her and put my hand close to her just to see that lip raise up, don't feel bad for her you would laugh too. She's about 9 years old. In the past couple of months some friends left treats for her at our house. We keep them in the pantry...she has figured that out. So when we say 'TREAT CALLIE TREAT' she runs to the pantry. She can sit on her bootie with front legs in the air balancing, I will say her balance is pretty amazing, she can even spin around. So after she sits up and spins around we throw the treat to her mouth, she NEVER I mean NEVER catches it in her mouth. Tonight a MIRACLE happened in the Montgomery household...Callie caught the treat in her mouth! I wish you could have seen all of us going crazy at our amazement. Callie wasn't worried about our excitement, she's in the corner eating her treat. I'm willing to bet this was a one time thing, but I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and hold out for another catch.

Here she is....

No comments: