Friday, April 3, 2009

My Celebrity Playlist

If you're like me, you're on iTunes a lot. I love to go see the celebrity playlists. If you're not familiar, actors or musicians or athletes are asked to give a playlist of their favorite songs with a description of why the song made the list. It's pretty pretentious, especially because most celebrities choose the most obscure songs they can think of. I'm sure that Matthew McConaughey really does like Kings of Leon's "Revelry"; but does he really like "Ai Du" by Ali Farka Toure & Ry Cooder? Come on people...here's what my celebrity playlist would look like. (Since I am on my own reality show, I am sure you've all been clamoring for it.) ((Oh, and I'll be honest...in some of my previous monthly playlists I've posted on TWSS, I have probably put in some pretension. But you know what Daddy always said, "An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure." If you can name that movie, I'll mention you in the next blog post.))

I've chosen these songs based on the play count on my iTunes. This would not take into account the play count on my iPod.

Perfect Time of Day (Howie Day) This is a perfect driving song for a late sunny afternoon.
Feels Like Home - (Chantal Kreviazuk) This is the only album of Chantal's I've really ever seen. I love the whole album. I have really good memories associated with this one.
Fix You (Coldplay) Such a great build. I remember listening to this song and tearing up out of joy.
Mercy Reigns (Shane & Shane) I love to sing harmony on this one. And it's a pretty great song.
Home (Marc Broussard) Marc reminds me of Mississippi, even though he's from Louisiana. 
The Wanderer  (Marc Broussard) This one makes me think of easier times. It was obviously just after "Home" on my computer at Student Life.
Collide (Howie Day) This is the only other Howie song I know besides PToD.  
Home Life (John Mayer) John strangely doesn't appear more than 1 time on my list of most played. The reason for this is unclear. I love him.
For My Love (Bethany Dillon) Bethany's first album was magic. There wasn't a song I didn't like. Obviously I liked this one the most.
Easy (The Commodores) For a while, I was putting "Easy (like a Sunday morning)" on every playlist I made. I don't think you can be in a bad mood listening to Lionel try to hit those higher notes.
Autobiography (Ashlee Simpson) I'll admit it, I love this song. Don't think I'm not rocking out to it right now.
Amazing (Josh Kelley) It took me about 2 years to figure out the name of this song and who sang it. 
Till We Run Out of Road (Jewel) This album of Jewel's was pretty underappreciated. I loved it my senior year of college. This one and "Cleveland" are my faves.
I Just Called to Say I Love You (Stevie Wonder) This is the song I would sing to audition for American Idol. I love it. It makes me think of The Cosby Show. Jammin' on the One.

So iTunes, if you want to put this one on your Celebrity Playlist page, feel free. The gig is up.

2 comments:

Michael and Jana said...

Steal Magnolias -- hello!

Jen Clapp said...

Okay, this is the second time in a week this particular Cosby Show ref has come up in my life. I need you to know that I actually said "Jammin' on the One" in community group last week...