Sunday, July 12, 2009

Is that a monster under my bed?

So I have never really been a scardy-cat (sp?) except for the times I watched Silence of the Lambs and The Exorcism of Emily Rose...I could not sleep for days.

But I'm starting to wonder if I should be afraid when I go to sleep...You may be asking me the same question after you read the two experiences I've had.

1. When I moved out of my first 1 bedroom in Birmingham in October of 2004, Kinsley and I took my mattresses off my bed frame to take it apart. What did we find? A Holy Bible with satanic symbols and curse words written on it. I had not been able to sleep well for the two months I had been back from camp. Coincidence? I think not.

See, I had sub-let my apartment to a guy over the summer while I was on the road at camp. He was a Christian speaker and come to find out he had found this Bible and used it in an illustration during his sermons. When he moved out, he forgot to take it with him. Instead, he put a curse on my sleep. In return, I cursed him out. (not really...only in my head.)

2. This weekend I was back in Birmingham to help celebrate Ben and Erin Moon's upcoming baby and subsequent parenthood. Liza so kindly offered me a bed at her house to sleep in during my visit. This morning I was stripping the bed so Liza could wash the sheets (I'm a good houseguest) and as I'm taking off the fitted sheet, guess what sticks out between the mattress and box springs...No really, guess. A STEAK KNIFE!!!! I'm assuming that it was put there by someone who was possibly house sitting and maybe got scared. But really? A steak knife?!? How about a butcher knife? I've got news for you...gun beats knife, everytime.

I'm starting to think that monsters might be my better option.

3 comments:

Ashley and Cole said...

You are too funny! No clue until now you had a blog. Ours is no where near that funny, unless Cole writes

Liza said...

so terrifying! sorry about that! very very good to see your face this weekend!

Michael and Jana said...

That is just too much! Not sure if you have checked under your bed here, but I'm pretty confident there will be no knives in hiding.