Monday, July 6, 2009

Keeping up with the McDonnells

Forget the Joneses, the new people to keep up with are the McDonnells. Specifically I'm talking Kay. While visiting this past weekend she mentioned getting an iPhone numerous times and then by Sunday decided she was going to get an iMac. For years she talked about how stupid Apples were all the while Facebooking on Bob's MacBook. After being confronted with her hypocrisy she shrugged and said she didn't care.

Kay and Bob travelled to the Apple Store today and she informed me that she will be getting these two items very soon. So cool. I predict there will be many phone calls to tell her what something on the iPhone screen means.

So there's that.

One other moment of hilarity happened while discussing older women wearing younger clothes. When her cousin Charlotte said that her sisters told her she needed to wear clothes more her age, Kay replied "They are just trying to protect you. They don't want someone jumping your bones."

Greg and I looked at each other and I informed Kay that that phrase better never come out of her mouth again.

She was shocked and said, "You must mean something different than what I mean."

When we told her what we meant, she said, "No, that's what I thought it meant."

Meet the new Joneses

Bob & Kay

No comments: