Monday, October 13, 2008

Birthday Bliss

Sorry I'm so slow getting this posted. Here's October's playlist. It's called Birthday Bliss because the Cog Dog and I both celebrate our birthdays this month. The songs aren't birthday specific, so don't get nervous that I have a song called "The Funeral" on here. 

Life in a Northern Town - The Dream Academy 
This song makes me happy, I think because of the chorus. Put a chorus in any song and I'm probably game.
Me and Mrs. Jones - Michael Buble
Something about the Bub(le) puts a smile on my face.
The Funeral - Band of Horses
This band is one that I only know two of theirs songs, but I love them.
A Better Place - VAST
If you listen to this CD, you'll hear so many different types of music. The guy sounds like Bono one minute and somebody else the other.
Out of Control (State of Emotion) - Kenna
Here is an Ethiopian-Englishman. He's pretty awesome. I would highly suggest him.
You Don't Know Me - Ben Folds (featuring Regina Spektor)
I love some Ben Folds. After hearing his whole cd, I'm not super impressed but I like some of the songs, including this one.
Sky - Joshua Radin (featuring Ingrid Michaelson)
A smile instantly comes on my face when I hear this song. Yeah, it's been out a while but it stands the test of time (at least the past few months.)
Manhattan - Kings of Leon
I wasn't going to give this local band much of a chance. I liked their On Call song a few years back and this one is great as well.
Nothing Ever Hurt Like You  - James Morrison
I hope his new stuff is as good as his old stuff. This sounds different to me, but I still like it.
Hot N Cold - Katy Perry
Uhm, if you can find a catchier tune out right now, I'd like to know about it.
Love Story - Taylor Swift
I know Berge hates Taylor. HATES HER! But I love her. I think she's precious, spunky and talented.
Human - The Killers
I can't wait for their new CD. They are always innovative and interesting.

(I just realized that I am fashioning my comments after the Celebrity Playlists on iTunes. I apologize, but don't take it back.)

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hey, I'm an October birthday too! It's one good month to celebrate being born if I do say so myself!! Happy Birthday(s)!!