Sunday, October 26, 2008

Lately...

Sorry I have not posted in awhile...just waiting on things to happen so that I can entertain you my friends, and let me tell you they are. Here a couple of stories from the past couple of weeks...

So I'm in Nashville visiting the Sass. One of our favorite coffee shops is Fido and I have to go there every time I visit. Its just a fun atmosphere, in a cool spot and you never know who you may see AHEM. So we are all shopping in the area and decide to pop in to get a drink. I'm standing there in line and as I'm looking up towards the door about to order Sass leans in and says there's Mat Kearney, I say shut up and as I'm looking up there he is walking towards me. Now I have imagined this moment many times in my head. Pretty much every time he notices me and we talk and of course fall in love. I have to admit people I let him pass by, I failed miserably at MY MOMENT. I got really nervous, started to sweat and placed my order. He walked right past me out to the back door...I'm sure avoiding all of the girls following him or something...BLAST. If I lived in Nashville I might as well rent space out to live in Fido because I would be there all the time for moments like these. But by then I'm pretty sure I would be better at MY MOMENT then the last time.



My next story happened while I was in DC. If you have been on the book I'm sure you've seen the pic so here is the full story...So I am with Cat and Me Mi touring the monuments. Cat's favorite thing to do is to take pics jumping in the air. Well you know people take them of her and its a pic of her in mid air. So all three of us decide to do it. We ask this man to take the pic that is with his son, daughter and wife. We notice the son is taking the pic too (WITH HIS OWN CAMERA). Note that we take the pic right in front of the reflecting pool. So as we are in mid air I realize that my shoes have flown off. There are lots of people on the steps in front of us watching this go down. I hear someone yell HER SHOE! I turn around and one of my shoes made it in the reflecting pool...classy. So I stand there for a moment in shear shock not quite knowing what to do and sort of hoping that the man that took the pic that was so concerned would go in for it. When I realize that he is not going for it and the wind is not blowing in our direction I roll up my pants and go in for it. I am sure this was not only our memory for the day...I'm quite positive that this moment will be in a lot of family photo albums of their DC trip. For the record it was not as glorious as Jenny made it out to be.


Thats the latest ladies and gents...I'm sure there are many more stories to come

2 comments:

Sarah Stephens said...

do you think he got that coffee in the pic from fido?

Amber said...

i secretly know that he did...for reals, thats a local photo