Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pistol Packin' Mama

Yes, I am a Mississippi girl but I do not know anything about guns, hunting, ammo, etc. But on my list of things to do in life, I put "shoot a gun". During a conversation over lunch at Blue Coast Burrito a few months back, Brad and Davy wanted to know what all was on my "bucket" list. I pulled out my Moleskine and read it off. We laughed about shooting a gun and it has come up a few times in conversation since then. 

Last Friday, Brad walked in to the office and said, "Pack up! We're going to Jackson, Tenn., to this awesome shooting range." So we did! We loaded up in Brad's car and drove 2 hours west. I was nervous and excited...so maybe anxious would be the best word. 

We shot this:

And something like this:


And then something like this:
 

The last one was possibly the loudest noise I've ever heard. I can't imagine actually using it without ear protection. 
 

I liked shooting the .22 because it didn't kick and wasn't too loud. I shot about 20 rounds. I didn't like the middle handgun or the rifle. So I shot one round and put them down. 

I can now say that I have shot a gun. I did enjoy the experience although I'll be okay if I never do it again. But maybe you don't want to mess with me? Those two guns that I only shot one round each pierced the target right where I wanted them to.

2 comments:

Haley said...

You officially have the coolest job ever.

Stacey said...

Wow!! That's awesome. I have mixed feelings on the gun thing. I shot a rifle (I think) once - wasn't very good. My dad has a shot gun somewhere in our house - never looked for it, never wanted to know where it was, but glad it was there, just in case. And yes, cool job!!