Saturday, March 28, 2009

Bowling for Dignity

As many of you know, I'm on the local board of my Mississippi State Alumni Association. I've loved getting connected with Bulldogs here in Middle Tennessee and sharing our memories of college life. It's been such a blessing to me. This week at our board meeting, my friend Courtney said the BigTen/SEC Bowling Tournament would be the upcoming Saturday (today.) She somehow recruited me to go. We had no idea what to expect.

Here's what we found:
Bowling alley in shadesville.
Florida fans took lanes from us.
Michigan State fans are nice...and we share the same initials.
Courtney has a mean granny bowl. 
I have no mean bowling tosses? (what would you call throwing the ball down the lane...rolling?)
My arm will be sore tomorrow.
LSU fans start drinking early, no matter the situation.
Georgia fans dominate Nashville apparently.
I say "apparently" too much. Regis says "incidentally" too much.
We didn't win but we had fun.

I guess those many Saturday mornings at Broadmoor Baptist Church bowling and playing basketball were really for naught. We already know my basketball skills are lacking...my bowling skills equal them. I guess I'll have to stick to air hockey on my iPhone. Oh, and tennis.

No comments: