Sunday, December 13, 2009

I have to go Poddy(Cast)

It got your attention. Admit it.

So I've been listening to a lot of podcasts at work lately. I think I may add to my things to do in life to have my own podcast. Here are some of the ones that I love...

Numero Uno - Bill Simmons' The B.S. Report. While Bill is a writer for ESPN, he is much much more. Hilarious doesn't describe his podcast and while the sports episodes are funny, my favorite are those that Bill spends talking to his friends about reality shows. He loves all of the Road Rules/Real World competitions and has started talking about Jersey Shore. I can only hope you will begin to listen to Bill so we can discuss.

#2 - What d'ya Know. This is the NPR show that I grew up listening to with my family. It's fun, and I think I will always love it. However, I was informed by Kay that the host is a liberal. I guess that means I shouldn't listen anymore.

C - PTI. I love sports. I like Tony and Michael.

IV - Fresh Air from NPR. I'm not going to say that this is my favorite. I just started listening to it and in one week I have figured out that the main host is one of the worst professional interviewers I've ever heard. She insulted the guy from The Carpenters by insisting their music is cheesy and then played Sonic Youth's version of "SuperStar" even though he said he did not like it. During her interview with Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman, she insisted on calling them by their whole names...the whole time. For instance, she said, "Morgan Freeman, what do you think about Clint Eastwood's choice to not say 'Action' while directing?" or "In 'Million Dollar Baby', Morgan Freeman, you narrated...." She also uses filler words way way way too much. I may be about to nix this one.

Do you listen to podcasts? What do you suggest?

No comments: