Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's a man's world

So I love where I work. I am surrounded by great, fun people. Strangely, the past two places I've worked I've been one of the only girls.

At my current job, I hear a lot about guns and hunting. I don't mind since I have my TuneBuds that I just slip in my ears and turn up the iTunes. Sometimes I listen to super girly music like Taylor, Carrie and Reba just to drown out the testosterone.

The guys have really been great to me. They are all super nice and besides the occasional belch, are very polite. However, sometimes they prove true to their gender in their words.

I give you "Was that a Compliment?"
1. I really like grey hair. (I got my hair colored that very night.)
2. Can I borrow that life vest? (Twice I've worn my cute, green puffy vest and twice I've been told this.)
3. You look like a lumberjack. (Said at lunch the day I wore my new blue and yellow plaid flannel shirt.)
4. Your eyes look like you're getting sick. (Ugh...ugh.)

These are not exaggerations. And luckily I can blog about them and laugh them off. I know the guys mean well, even if their words could use some help.

1 comment:

Jen Clapp said...

I would love the "Was that a compliment?" to become a regular feature. Hilarious!