Friday, January 30, 2009

i heart TR



I had the pleasure of watching Friday Night Lights tonight with one of the show's biggest fan and her husband. Jana, Michael and I sat in anticipation to see what Coach Taylor was going to do about the new quarterback in town; squirmed in our chairs as Lila got left alone with Tyra's family while her sister said her wedding vows; shook our heads as Tim Riggins made one mistake after the other.

The question came up (from MK) "Why do you like Tim Riggins? He's a jerk." He made the comment that he is the antithesis of what Jana says her type is. He's sweaty, dumb, slow, a drunk. I would have to agree with this as well. However, we still love him. (In Jana's defense, she loves Saracen more.)

After some thinking, Jana and I came up with a few reasons we love Tim Riggins. He's hot for one. uhm...hello?


But Tim Riggins has other redeeming qualities. Lest we forget when he was looking out for Julie Taylor? Ugh, had my heart.

Can someone else help us understand why we love Tim Riggins? I know there are some FNL watchers out there (said effin'ell) and I want to hear about it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

We love Tim because we can love the bad boy without the consequences. It's the same reason I love Sawyer.

Michael and Jana said...

I heart FNL. 'Nuff said.

Erin, I do not agree with loving Sawyer. YUCK! When Jack is available, why do you need Sawyer. Just sayin'.