Tuesday, January 27, 2009

To McDonalds...

I am not a difficult customer. I rarely make special requests at any restaurant, much less your fine establishment. I always say thank you and please when I talk to your employees. I know they make little to nothing and they probably get a lot of crap from customers. Trust me, I know. 

All I'm asking is for you to say "Thank You" when you hand me your food. I promise I'll say the same. Bump that...I just want you to say anything to me when you hand me my food or my change. You could say "I crapped in your hamburger" and I'd be happier than you acting like I am not there. 

So to the McDonalds employees at Nippers Corner (that's the area of Nashville I live in, not a vulgarity), please get some customer service lessons. And also ask me if I want ketchup. I had to dip my fries in ranch when I got home. 

Considering my last name is often confused with your name, please shape up so we don't get a bad name.

Also, I'm moving from Nashville in a few weeks. I can't believe I've been here for almost 2 years. It feels like home here but I know that this is the right move. Just like Johnny and June, I'm going to Jackson. I don't think I'll mess around.


5 comments:

Susan P. said...

now that song is going to be stuck in my head all afternoon!! seriously though...can't wait to hear all about the move...have fun packing!

Jen Clapp said...

I can't believe it's two years, either! I'm sad you're going :(. But I will come visit you in Jackson :)

Stacey said...

HA!!! That's pretty funny. Stupid "customer service", that isn't!

Michael and Jana said...

I don't I need to comment any further on the move, but I agree with the McD's issue. That is why I am loyal to Chick-fil-A.

Stacy said...

Okay, I some how landed on your blog quite some time ago and have lurked quite often.

This post, however, made me laugh out loud!