Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another one bites the dust.

There are quite a few things in life that make me smile. A great concert is one of them. Add on top of that being able to mark off one of your "concerts I have to see before I die" and I'm giddy. (This is a second thing in about a month that I've marked off the list...remember I have now shot a gun.)

So you can imagine the look on my face throughout last night's Coldplay concert in Atlanta. In honor of this momentous occasion, November's playlist will consist of Coldplay awesomeness. Enjoy 13 of my favorites along with the album they are on, in no particular order.

1. Fix You (X&Y)
2. The Hardest Part (X&Y)
3. In My Place (A Rush of Blood to the Head)
4. Daylight (A Rush of Blood to the Head)
5. We Never Change (Parachutes)
6. Shiver (Parachutes)
7. Viva La Vida (Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends)
8. Life in Technicolor (Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends)
9.  Death and All His Friends (Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends)
10. 42 (Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends)
11. God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (A Rush of Blood to the Head)
12. Green Eyes (X&Y and A Rush of Blood to the Head)
13. Only Superstition (Brothers & Sisters)

I promise the Coldplay hysteria will subside soon. For now, let me relish in the moment.

(I'll let Berge give her play by play of the concert. In the meantime, I'll post a few terrible photos from my iPhone. It's the only not awesome feature of the awesome iPhone.)

Lovers in Japan


That's right, they came and sang two songs just about 30 yards from us.


Viva La Vida (with all of Coldplay's friends)

Not at the show, but I'm sure he would have had a stellar time...Tim Gunn.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The ONLY thing that could have made that concert better is if Tim Gunn had been there beside us.

Thanks for sort of making that happen.

Michael and Jana said...

A huge percentage of jealousy is flowing from me right now.