Friday, November 28, 2008

Look how far you've come...

While flipping channels at Kay and Bob's house this morning, I noticed a strange occurrence. Do you know what movie MTV was showing this AM? Rudy. That's right. Sean Astin...Notre Dame...you know. 

First of all, we can now say that MTV is no longer Music Television. I mean the last music show went off the air last week: TRL. I remember getting home from class in college (or high school too, sorry Mom) and turning it on to see what the new videos looked like. 

Secondly, I guess Rudy is a great, heartwarming story. I am glad that people who watch MTV now have the opportunity to watch this. Run's House is the same thing. Maybe this is what we need.

On another note, I just watched part of Kid Rock's Storytellers on VH1. It was filmed at The Factory, where I work. So that's pretty cool. Kid just turned into a Southern Baptist worship leader and had the audience turn around to say hello to the people around them. This is my least favorite part of a church service. And now it's making its way into concerts? Oh man...if this happens at a concert I attend, I might not be attending anymore.


No comments: