Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Cardio Crap

The Beals (aka. Lindsay) and I decided to do a little cardio class tonight called CardioCore at the Y. Neither of us have ever taken this class. Of course, I walk in straight from the apt. Lindsay walks in from the treadmill...but I digress.

There are only 5 of us in this class. The instructor tells us to get 2 lb balls to use. I mean, 2 pounds? Easy Breezy...So I gather one up just like everybody else does. Then we begin. I'm getting it. This won't be so bad.

20 minutes into the 45 minute class, my ears start ringing. I feel like I'm dying (or as Berge says, dieing.) The teacher keeps telling us that she's slowed it down since there are so many newbies. Thanks a lot! That doesn't make you feel good that you're about to pass out in a class that the teacher has dumbed down. 

So I stand by the wall for a few minutes. She's talking to me over the headset...telling me that the first time she took the class she wanted to leave. She said the 2nd through 5th times she took it, she felt the same way. After the 6th one, she wanted to teach it. I go by the philosophy "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." I'm no idiot. I will not be returning to cardio my core.

But I did get back in, after getting a weightless ball to use. I mean 2 pounds feels like 20 when you're moving and grooving. I got through the rest of the class and hated every minute of it. I don't have much will power (Dear Lord, Please grant me more will power. I'm begging.) and I don't need any reason to quit because I will. So we got finished with the cardio and moved to ab workouts...which were fine. I mean we were laying down a good bit of that and I'm all for that.

Needless to say, Beals fooled me once. I will not be gotten again. I'm willing to try other classes but this one shall never see me darken its door ever.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

please tell me you had to ice your shins when it was all said & done

mm