Tuesday, December 2, 2008

You know your from Sylacauga when...

Now I'm not exactly from Sylacauga, AL but I lived there 8-12th grade so I tell people I am. I found this that somebody had posted and LOL'd I literally can testify or at least know about everything they are talking about. I added the part in parenthesis to better inform you. Your going to wish you had grown up there...

You know you're in Sylacauga when,
- You take all of your friends from out-of-town to Gravity Hill. (You literally pull your car up to this hill and put it in neutral and the gravity pulls your car back...its creepy there are videos on the youtubes of it)
- You smell chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream while sitting in class at either high school (Sylacauga or BBComer). (There is a Blue Bell ice cream plant by the high schools...your already wishing you had lived here)
- You look forward to riding the Ft. Williams strip on the weekend. (a street that everyone rode up and down, the turn around point was called 'riding the hump aka speed bump at arbys')
- You've seen a friend pulled over on the Ft. WIlliams strip by a police officer you know by name. (i got my first ticket there)
- Rival high schools share the same football stadium.
- There is a section of a major highway named after Gomer Pyle.
- Better yet, there is a museum dedicated to Gomer Pyle.
- If you live in Taylor Estates, you're considered upper class. (its huge...everyone grew up living there, not me remember didn't grow up there. I lived in the neighborhood across the 'highway' that was only cool because our preacher and his fam lived down the street. Also if mom and I were ever bored on our way home you would hear us say 'wanna drive through taylor estates'...it becomes engraved in you to be nosy once you have lived there for a little while)
- One of your classmates is the child of a car salesman. (HA...that was me)
- Fine Italian dining is experienced at Giovanni's, which is connected to a gas station.
- The local Mexican restaurant has a buffet.
- You are familiar with Smiley. (Smiley is a crazy man that walks all around Sylacauga, I had friends that would put him on the local radio station, you never knew what you were going to get but her sure could sing the mighty mouse song)

3 comments:

Crystal Garcia said...

wow. that's classy.

Stacey said...

I lived in Waco, Texas for one year of my life. Fifth grade. We had moved from New Jersey - you know, close to the somewhat large cosmopolitan area of NYC... Big change for a wee child. I feel ya'...

Amber said...

funny i almost moved to waco this year. i knew it reminded me of sylacauga..