Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Game of Chants

Lindsay and I braved the elements Monday night and returned to Yoga at the Y. We have both raved about it since we last went and said we wanted to go again. Lindsay actually works out before...I do not. 

So the class is smaller this time but given the bad weather, this was not unusual.

Enter heavy breathing pooter. She takes her place in the back corner. Lindsay and I put our stuff right in front of her for some reason. I can report she did not pass gas this session. She did breathe heavily. Lindsay later said that she breathes right along with HBP because she can't hear her own breaths.

Let me just say, whatever I thought yoga was last time was pushed out the window this time. I often times had to catch my breath. This is no good when you're trying to breathe on cue. I do love it though. It was quite the work out. 

The end of the hour was the interesting part. During our cool down, Yogi started chanting. Now, I had my doubts about yoga before we went. Last time did nothing to make me question the practice. However, a bunch of gibberish this week made me kind of wonder. I mean, was I casting out demons (thanks Cog)? I threw in a "Jesus", "Yahweh", "Ahamenahamena" in there. Lindsay said that it took everything in her to not laugh. Oh that's right...Yogi had us repeat after her. Weird.

Anyway, I'm still in it. I will not be converting to Buddhism. Don't worry, Kay. 

No comments: