Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Yogariffic

You asked for it. Lindsay and I went to Yoga Monday night. That's right. 

We were a little nervous but our nerves were calmed when we walked into the zen-like room, filled with yoga mats and Indian-like blankets. Our teacher was a little bit of a thing and had a voice that is what you imagine when you think of a yoga instructor (yogi?)

We began the class. We've got this. I mean we're in there with one guy, a few girls our age and some women who are pushing 60. I'll be honest, some of the moves were harder than I thought they would be. My hamstrings are still hurting, two days later. It was hard to remember right from left, ask Lindsay about that one. I am going to have to work on my breathing techniques. 

The funniest two items of interest are:
1. The woman who pooted (or as Bob says, "shot a cat") during "upward facing dog." She also breathed heavily throughout the whole class. It was a bit distracting but I guess she needed to breathe so I'll cut her some slack.
2. During one of the poses, the instructor said, "Make sure you aren't clinching your rear." I'm pretty sure she was looking in my direction.

We're going back tomorrow. Can't wait. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's much worse when someone else is clinching your rear. Trust me . . .

Anonymous said...

Ah, I somehow missed this post! So, I'm commenting after our second class...which involved chanting. I'm still giggling about that.