Sunday, March 16, 2008

The adventures of Ber and Sass/Wedding Crashers

So our long time friend Anthony (Train) got married this weekend. The Sass and I worked with him at Student Life so some of our buddies were either in the wedding or at it. So the Sass and I are getting ready to leave my house on Saturday, mind you it takes probably about 30 to 40 mins to get where we were going on a typical Saturday afternoon, not this day...We leave an hour early thinking we will have plenty of time and we were supposed to pick someone up. We go to get on the interstate and traffic is not moving. DISASTER. So I have to wait until the next exit get off and drive down a road with tons of stop lights. I know when we get on this road that we are not going to make it. So we call our friends and say go without us we will see you at the reception. I'm distraught am I really going to miss Train's wedding???

The wedding starts at 2 and we get there at 2:05. We decide to go in the lobby because Sass thinks there are steps and we can just sneak in the balcony. We walk in the door and our friends that are in the wedding party are totally dogging us. They go in to walk down the isle and the wedding planner motions for us to come on. We don't really know whats happening at this point we just trust that she knows...after all her name was J LO (swear). So we walk in as we are I glimpse over and see the bride before we walk in the door. The entire bridal party is on the stage faced towards us and evvveryone in the sanctuary turns around to see us walking in the door. We walked in right before the BRIDE!!! So we were like the preshow...Wedding Crashers if you will. I look over only to see our friend Jeff the photographer for the wedding snapping pics and catching every moment of the shear terror written all over our face.

Three songs that are my jam right now:

Do you know? Enrique Iglesias -- I mean seriously I don't like his songs but this one gosh wiiiinner. He worked a ping pong sound into it...amazing

Superstar Lupe Fiasco -- It really does make me feel like a superstar. I put my big shades on and drive with the sunroof back...nothing better. I mean guys there are cameras snapping in this one...famous

Bleeding Love Leona Lewis -- This song takes me back to my Mariah, Paula and Whitney days. Let me break out the hairbrush and sing along.

2 comments:

Erin said...

this is ridiculous.

Jen Clapp said...

I LOVE IT!!! That is so funny!