Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Panino Vs. Panini

A panini (plural) or panino (singular) (pronounced /pəˈniːnoʊ/) is a sandwich made from a small loaf of bread, typically a ciabatta. The loaf is often cut horizontally and filled with salami, ham, meat, cheese or other food, and sometimes served hot. A grilled panino is buttered on the outside and grilled in a press.

The word "panino" [pa'ni:no] is Italian (literally meaning small bread roll), with the plural panini. "Panini" is often used in a singular sense by speakers of English and French, and pluralised catachrestically into "paninis".

--Wikipedia

Well I'm so glad that when I go to Urban Standard and say Panini that they don't give me two sandwiches...I'm not quite sure how I didn't know this with my love for Italians you know.

[WEDNESDAY]
Tomato Bisque
Polish Sausage Soup
Standard Chicken Panino
Grilled Cheese Sandwich

No comments: