Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The roof...the roof wait its gone

So today was one of those days at the office where I had the thought...umm why did I come to work today? I have always thought that our office should be on TV...seriously if you have been on ichat with me during office hours your probably constantly entertained. We always joke that our boss is like Michael Scott from the Office saying inappropriate things and sooo dramatic. Here's the story of today...

My boss wheels into the parking lot, parks sideways and has one foot out the door before he stops...he's freaking out. I get to work an hour later and walk in the front door to see a big trash can at the bottom of the step with water dripping. I look confused and one of the guys takes me outside to show me. (Now let me break in here and say we work in a two story building and we are on the top floor. Some may think working in an old building in Homewood would be cool...I beg to differ. We always joke that you will find one of us girls sitting on the toilet in the parking lot because it fell off the side of the building, seriously the walls are rotting). On with the story...So I walk outside only to find our entire roof peeled off the top of the building and just hanging on the side propped on the one story building beside us. Then the air conditioning unit right by my office was sucked through the roof and sitting on a building one over from us. So we have lots of leakage and no AC...but the show must go on.

Just when we think we've had so much drama for the day something else happens. My bosses office and the sales room have windows where you can see the street. So all of the sudden we hear a pop and my boss screams GET AWAY FROM POWER...okay my office is like a closet and I am surrounded by power. I'm thinking this is the end...I'm going to die in this building. We go to the window and a power line hanging across the street got stuck on the top of a fire truck and it snapped and wrapped around the top of the truck. My boss is screaming out of the window "live wire don't get out". Ha. Then two cars wreck right in front of it because their clearly not paying attention. Luckily the wire was not live and we did not die!

We shall see what tomorrow looks like...Here are pics of the roof


3 comments:

Erin said...

OH. NO.

Sarah Stephens said...

how did you not see this when you were driving up? You're parked right under it

Amber said...

i'm short remember...building was blocking my view