Sunday, May 25, 2008

My serious side...

I know I know this blog is only meant for funny but I don't currently have a funny bone in my body right now...lots of serious tho. I figure there might be some things that maybe the reader wants to know about your bloggers...maybe, maybe not ha. Well as you know or may not I'm going to South Africa in about a week to stay for almost 3 months. I'm excited, nervous, anxious...all of the above. I used to work Student Life camps and after my first two summers with them I thought that was the time of my life...life probably won't get any better than that. But I'm starting to feel like thats false. I think my journeys ahead will live up to that and lots of change will happen...lots of change has already happened in my way of thinking. I quoted something from Donald Miller's book Through Painted Deserts in my blog (refer to my first post). Thats how I want to live my life. You know I just have so many dreams and I think there are ways to accomplish them, they're just something you have to work for. Throughout the past couple of years I've just been in a lot of transition and I think there are a lot of things that people wanted me to do or see me doing and I just had to realize I have certain dreams and if I want to pursue those...I have to do that because that is who I was created to be. I realize that some think its very foolish for me to leave my job to go to Africa and that I may come back and not be in the states long until I go back out of the country. For me I've already learned a lot in having to really trust the Lord with my finances. I've learned that my journey is very broad and while the Lord may be calling me to Africa right now, he might call me to go live somewhere else to live with a very close friend after that. I don't know what it looks like and I'm kind of interested to see how the Lord lays it out. I'm a patty planner and I'm processing how to use that part of my personality to work with what the Lord calls my journey to look like. I think sometimes we see parts of our personality that we don't like and we try to get rid of them when sometimes thats who you are and you just have to let the Lord use that and not abuse it with your thoughts.

I say you have one life so if you have dreams do everything you can to pursue those. Don't let finances stand in your way...if you want something start planning right now on how you can afford it, maybe you need to sale something that your holding on to. If settling down is your dream then settle down, get a nice house and live. There is absolutely nothing wrong with settling down. But if your settling down because its comfortable and thats what your supposed to do and its keeping you from pursuing a dream then thats probably not what you were created to do at this point in your life. There you go...now thats golden advice write it down :)...thats all I have