Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Doi, I'm a Volley Girl

Today was my first tennis lesson with my awesome instructor, Courtney. She usually teaches kids. She just got one more. 
Let me first explain that I hate to work out. I don't think that hate is the correct word. DETEST. That's better. ABHORE is even better. I say that I want to just be good enough to be able to play a match. I really don't want to be bad. I get mad when I can't get my toss right, or I don't follow through, or don't keep my racket head down. Truth is, I'm sick of accepting mediocrity. I don't want to just have a hittable toss. I want to have the best damn toss out there. The toss that will allow me to serve ace after ace. 
When did I become so competitive? I have never thought of myself as this.
Oh, and just so you know, my best swing is the volley. I kick some tail on that one so I'm going to start taking serves then immediately going to the net. Wimbledon, here comes the Sass n' Bandit! 




Also, I found out how to carry my kick a tennis bag. I look awesome. It's the skirt next week.

1 comment:

Haley said...

Sass. First of all, I love that you are posting so much these days. Your inspiration must have returned.

Secondly, just go ahead and say it. Kick ass.