Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Chronicles of Ber's Non-Dating Life

So I don't date much, but I must say I'm kind of okay with that. Maybe strange I know but I'm kind of like I only need one good one so why waste time going out with everyone that walks..ha. I have had some funny moments as of late. I guess when your single and 26 these things happen...

On with the stories...So I go to a family event and my Nanny and the other older lady are chasing me down the entire time to tell me about this guy on staff at their church. I'm like omigosh I can't get away and obviously not desiring the awkward date. Well a friend of mine starts describing this guy that she has been set up with and I start realizing he's on staff at a church and put two and two together and its the exact guy my nanny and the lady were trying to fix me up with...we laugh of course.

Then I go to eat after church with my girls and I go to the bathroom and come back and there are a couple more waters and I ask who they are for. Well before I left for Africa friends of mine were trying to set me up with this guy and it never happened, I don't think he knows this. One of the extra waters was for that guy. I had to laugh.

Last story of the night...I get on a plane Fri. going from ATL to BHM, short flight :). I end up sitting between a man and a guy my age. The man puts the little arm separator or whatever you call it down...the guy does not (T RUBLE). So we start talking, he asks me my age among other questions. Then we get to the am I attached question. He loved the Ber, unfortunately the Ber did not. So I politely said I was attached, not really a lie if you know me :) ha well maybe so. I'll leave that a mystery for the readers. Then we are walking and he is walking to go to his car and I have to get to baggage claim. So he had talked earlier about getting my email address and didn't so I thought I was off the hook...not so much. I start going down the escalator and he looks down and says hey heres my email address...me still going down and he throws me his card. Obviously I didn't catch it, so awkward. So he tells me he'll come down, I then wait to receive the business card. And we're done.

I often wish people could be a fly on the wall during my dating awkward times...fun times. Maybe you will get to be there for my next story :)

2 comments:

Ann Catherine said...

I feel like you'll marry an Italian man. I just feel it. You'll meet him ... somewhere random, like while in Australia, visiting me! :) I love these stories!

Amber said...

i think its my calling to marry an italian man...yep confirmed