Monday, September 1, 2008

I LOVE SPORTS!

Cog Dog said she needed a new blog post. I've had a few blogs in my head from this weekend. Most are not meant for TWSS. 

So let me let you get a glimpse of my life. I grew up a child of two Mississippi State graduates. My brother and I are in MSU outfits (football and cheerleader, respectively) from the time we breathed real air. I understand some people don't understand our love for our alma mater. I don't know any differently. Strangely enough, most of my friends in Birmingham are not sports fans, which is something that took getting used to. So here I am, bleeding maroon and white all my life. I have had season tickets since graduation. I tailgate with my friends before each home game. I LOVE COLLEGE SPORTS! 

So Bob, Kay and I decided to spend our Labor Day Saturday daytripping to Ruston, Louisiana. It was here that we would see Mississippi State lose to Louisiana Tech University (ugh.) That's not the point, although it suc...I mean stunk. 

Here are the notes from the weekend:
1. XM Radio is AWESOME! Especially if you are a fan of college sports, or good music. Case in point, we listened to great SEC football games the whole way to the game. On the way home, Bob and Kay were being pretty quiet so I decided to try my hand at XM. If you don't know, the radio display tells the artist and song title. So I turned it to 80s on 8. What song came on? George Michael's I Want Your Sex. CLICK! 90s on 9? Salt-N-Peppa's Let's Talk About Sex. CLICK DAMN IT! Clear as day, lit up for all to see. I quickly turned it back to 50s on 5. This was also after Kay saw that one of the songs I was listening to was Animal by Def Leopard. She asked if that was "that heavy metal". She thinks anything that isn't gospel is heavy metal. Except for Eric Clapton, as she later informed me.

2. Berge says I am the epitome of class. I have 3 blisters on my right hand from ringing a ridiculously large cowbell for 3 hours Saturday night. I tried band-aids during the game that were no help. I took one for the team. Upon telling Ber how I got my blisters, she said "Classy" which I took as a compliment.

3. Bob is now wearing shorts ALL THE TIME! It's like he's just now discovered the latest fashion trend. As I drove up to the McDonnell house, Bob stood on the front porch holding Jack (the rat terrier with a new york accent). I gave a double take because I didn't recognize him with bare legs. It's an oddity. 

Non-weekend related things:

4. For the past 3 months, there have been 3 apples sitting on the median as I turn off of Old  Hickory onto I65 South. They have not moved and looked like they were withstanding the elements pretty well. As of last week they were still there, however it looks like mold has finally taken the apples. I figure that one of the many homeless people (I guess they are homeless) who stand at the intersection were given apples by a passerby.  But really, who wants apples when you can get lettuce (cold, hard cash.)

5. We are going to see Man on Wire at the Belcourt this week. This is my interpretation of the documentary: Some crazy idiot wants attention in the 1970s and ties a rope between the World Trade Center buildings, gets a long pole and struts across it. It's going to be AWESOME!

6. I go to NYC in less than two weeks. I hope I see Whitney there. I hope more that I see that model she met in tonight's episode there. YOWSER!

That is all. Kind of boring, but at least it's something.

2 comments:

Stephanie Drew said...

i thought they outlawed the cowbell..??.. :)

roll tide

Anonymous said...

L-O-U...I-S-I...A-N-A TECH!!!