Monday, September 29, 2008

A Tight Situation

Laura and I share clothes. It's worked out pretty well so far. She got this awesome dress from J.Crew last weekend. 






So she was away this past weekend and I decided to see if it fit me. So I sauntered into her closet, took out this precious dress and slipped it over my head. It looked AWESOME! It's so cute, so hip, so perfect. I walked around on the balls of my feet as if I had heels on. I turned around in front of the mirror. I'm definitely borrowing this. But there is always a time to take the dress off and get back in real clothes. So I begin to take the dress off but I realize that it's not coming off. I have pulled it up around my neck, elbows over my head and dress suffocating me. Okay, this is going to be tougher than I thought. Keep in mind no one is home. Just me. So I'm not one to give up the first time (Who am I kidding? Normally I give up before I start.) So I pull it back down, take a deep breath and try again. Nope! I'm starting to panic. Who can I call? What if I have to cut this off of me? How do I call Laura while she's in Lexington and tell her that there are scraps of her former dress all over her carpet? What if they don't have another one in her size? CRAP! Try #3. No go. It's not budging over my shoulders. T-R-O-U-B-L-E. I'm now pacing around the apartment, racking my brain to come up with a plan. What if I pull the arms first? Let me tell you, that's not physically possible. So Try #8 comes around and I'm out of breath, my arms are about to fall off and I'm thinking of crying. And then...it slips off. HALLELUJAH!!!!!! It's a cute dress; however, I will need someone around for my safety's sake.


This is not the first time I've been in a situation like this. In high school, I went to look for a homecoming dress after school at McRae's. This cute maroon dress with black flowers called my name. It was cut on the bias so it pulled a little weird. All by myself in the dressing room I pulled it over my head to take it off and it got stuck over my head. Unlike the previously mentioned story, I could not take a rest. It was literally stuck. So I'm thinking that I'm going to have to start screaming for someone to come help me get this stupid dress off. Not to mention that I literally am having trouble breathing. 

Note to Sarah: Wear only zippered, buttoned, elastic clothes. You need some sort of give.

2 comments:

Ann Catherine said...

I can so see you doing that! I'd have paid money to see that! Did your legs look as good as the model's in that dress?

Anonymous said...

In a dressing room with my arms over my head trying desperately to get something off?? Yep. Been there!