Sunday, September 7, 2008

Past the Point of No Return (of Serve)

Today I got beat. Not just barely...B-E-A-T. Jana and I went to Granny White Park to hit some tennis balls back and forth. Nothing serious, just for fun. 

Then li'l miss competitive (JK) asked if I wanted to play a set. This would be my first competitive game. She serves first and I go up 0 - 30. I'm feeling good. Then she wipes the court with me. Broke me on every serve. It (sorry Kay) sucked. At one point I told her that she was seeing why I never got past the learning part of a sport. I don't like losing. I said it. 

But what have I learned? I now know that I have a goal. I'm going to start small. I just want to win a game. Next goal? I want to win a set. And finally? I want to beat the crap out of Jana Kelley. MWAHAHAHA. Kidding...well, sort of. 

Defining point of the set? When Jana hit me. She aimed right at my torso. What a punk!

(Disclaimer: Blogger cannot be held responsible for harsh words typed after a loss.)

2 comments:

Michael and Jana said...

I have no doubt you will destroy me very soon. Also, in protest, I did not aim for your torso. The ball barely skimmed your toe.

See you on the courts!

Erin said...

Let it be said: Jana is crazy. She will cut you with her racket and she won't even care. The phrase "Just playing for fun" doesn't not adhere to her sports philosophy.