Thursday, January 31, 2008

Why I never kept a diary...

When I was still Cute Little Sarah, you might walk in my room at 150 Glenside and see multiple diaries in my bookshelf. If you opened those diaries, you would find they were either empty or only one or two pages were written in.

I've never been able to keep a diary longer than a week, and that's pushing it. In fact, I've gone through some old ones from just a few years ago and ripped out pages and trashed them. Why would you do something like that?

Because I don't want to die and have someone find them with crazy stuff written in them. I think we all think we're a little crazy. What if I can't defend my purpose behind writing a particular post that someone might interpret as nutjob-like? That, my friends, is why I don't keep a diary.

Why do I blog then? Because I have instant feedback (or quicker feedback than after death) and I have to actually edit what I write. It is public. I don't think diaries are meant to be public but eventually they will be made that way.

Maybe I'll journal when I'm going through some significant event, such as wedding planning, baby having, a new move.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you're being very safe :)

Amber said...

han just called you out on blogspot...i agree tho always keep a diary