Thursday, April 17, 2008

An Unusual Sight

Many of you have heard me talk about the strange phenomenon that occurs in Nashville when the weather begins to get nice. That happening is the taking off of shirts by male Nashvillagers.

There is a strange new thing my roommate and I have noticed on 3 separate occasions....UNICYCLES.

I'm a fan of the unicycle, at my local amusement park or circus. There is a guy who drives down Old Hickory Boulevard during 5 o'clock traffic on this unicycle. Granted he's on the side of the road, but still. It would be different if he could get on the unicycle and stay on. Unfortunately for him, he isn't too great of a rider, and the whole of OHB traffic gets to see this. I'm afraid for him. I'm afraid he will fall off of it onto the road. I'm also embarrassed for him. Next thing you know he will be shirtless, moving down the road on one wheel.

1 comment:

Jen Clapp said...

You need to come to Cool Springs during rush hour and look for the guy that dances as he runs...I think it's a thing with guys who aim to make people happy as they exercise. However, my first thought is that it's dangerous to be so distracting at rush hour...