Monday, February 11, 2008

Changes

There are some things you just can't change. I know, I know...everything can be changed. However, there are a few things in our society that I believe are unchangeable.

To prove my point, I give you driving on the right side of the road. We could not have a mass driving change to the left side of the road, as the Brits do. Think about the logistics of this. It would be disastrous. Someone wouldn't get the message; Hundreds of wrecks would occur; The government would get sued. You just can't feasibly do this.

To my larger, and I feel, more important point.

YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE RULES OF WASHING HANDS AFTER USING THE RESTROOM. We are too far gone for this. We already have a massive amount of men not washing their hands, and judging by the footsteps I hear walk directly from the stall to the exit, a lot of women too. I've heard rumblings of it being more sanitary to get your paper towels first before you soap up and rinse. This would be great if we as a society could actually make this change all at once. For those of us who do wash our hands and get paper towels post-wash, we become tainted by this new rule. I don't like it and I'm not going to do this. Until we can make it mandatory, I'm not about pre-wash paper towel getting.

(This has been irking me for some time now. Just now got the time to think about it and write.)

2 comments:

Michael and Jana said...

I am a pre-paper towel hand washer. If I do not have the option of pre-paper toweling because the door is too far away from the trash can, I will sanitize with the Purell from my purse. I am all for the mandatory hand wash.

Haley said...

I am with Jana. It's all about the pre.