Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Is it wrong...

that yesterday my boss Davy and I were walking out of a fabric store when we heard a noise that sounded like a GUFFAW and a splat only to briefly look back and see a middle aged woman on her hands and knees on the sidewalk? No that's not wrong. It is wrong that we kept walking only to get in the car and remark that falling is funny.

Is it wrong that at Kairos last night at Brentwood Baptist, my friend Lindsay and I sat listening to the pastor speak on John 4? No that's not the wrong part. Is it wrong that I heard a noise that sounded like someone either sobbing or choking coming from behind me and I didn't turn around? No one did. It turned out that it was the woman in the wheelchair who was obviously very physically challenged who had a tube down her throat. Don't worry, her friend took her out.

6 comments:

Erin said...

in the first scenario, no. you are fine. if she had been an older lady...then you'd be going to hell. fisher too.

Haley said...

You didn't turn around! She could have DIED. How would you have felt then?

Anonymous said...

Ok. This one made me cry because I was laughing so hard. Danny just kept looking at me like I was a tad crazy. I read it out loud, but it just didn't translate I guess. You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

the real question is why were you and davy in a fabric store??

Hannah said...

for the baby room. duh, sarah...

Haley said...

sass, i'll tell you what i told sarah. i haven't been hit with the inspiration to write anything. you could say, i've got blogger's block.