Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Effing Text

Some of you were fortunate enough receive a text message from me tonight that said "I hate effing Valentine's Day".

I was driving north on I-65 almost to my exit when it hit me. I hate this day. All day I've been fine. Then it hit.

I had a mini-pity party in my car when I started thinking about what I was going to do for dinner. I thought how much of a loser I would look like going by to get dinner for one. I felt the need to text my friends and let them share in my moment of ridiculousness and self-loathing. So after a brief moment of being near tears, I started laughing at myself and realizing that I am not alone in my loneliness.

SUCK ON THAT SAINT VALENTINES!

2 comments:

Hannah said...

what's with the language? effing is too strong for my young and impressionable eyes

Ann Catherine said...

I hate the day, too. Eff it!