Monday, January 4, 2010

Cold Air in My Lungs

Most people I know think I'm crazy, but I love cold weather. Haley tried to convince me that I was wrong yesterday when I said this. She told me I wouldn't love it if I had to work in it. Whatever.

I really do feel invigorated with it. And because of this, I've made a little mix of songs that you can hear in your head as you head out the door into the brisk, nose-reddening, lung-burning air in the morning. You're welcome.

Dreams - The Cranberries
Crazy - Seal
Stolen - Dashboard Confessional
Plasticities - Andrew Bird
Sometime Around Midnight - The Airborne Toxic Event
Sleep - Azure Ray
Straight Lines - Silverchair
Best Days - Matt White
With or Without You - U2
Hospital Food - David Gray
Carry Me - Patty Griffin
You Don't See It - The Duhks

The thing that drew me to these songs when making my playlist is the driving beat. Most of these are also on a driving mix or two of mine.

No comments: