Sunday, January 3, 2010

Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it...Oh, it's melted.

I know you Yankees don't understand. But when a Mississippi girl wakes up and looks outside seeing white flurries falling from the sky, she gets giddy.

This happened Saturday morning. I knew it was colder in the house than it had been before. So I peeked through the blinds to see swirling snowflakes on the roads and small piles of powder on the car windshields. That was at 8:45 AM. At 9:35 AM it was gone.

You need to know that I can count on my fingers and toes how many times I've been in snow. In Central Mississippi, you get ice, not snow. This is really all I've ever known.

You also need to know that I love cold weather. The colder, the better. I feel invigorated when I walk out and breathe in the crisp, cold air. You can keep that smothering hot mess called Summer. I don't want it.

No comments: