Friday, January 1, 2010

The Evolution of my Snuggie Opinion

1st Snuggie Commercial Viewing: "What in the world? A Snuggie? That's possibly the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Oh, it will never last."

2nd Viewing through 27th Viewing: "Seriously? Still showing this stupid commercial? It's a robe! Am I the only one who sees this? If I ever see Bob and Kay with one of these things, we will have words. Good thing Kay is so hot natured."

28th Viewing through 194th Viewing: "This Snuggie makes me angry. I can't explain it but the idea that they are selling millions of these backwards robes is appaling! What's wrong with humanity? No one I know will ever own one of these"

December 25th, 2008: "Are you kidding me?!?!? Am I seriously seeing my Facebook page correctly? Are my friends now owners of Snuggies? Surely they are just gag gifts."

1748th Viewing: "A DOG SNUGGIE?!?!?!?! NO MA'AM!!!!"

4893th Viewing: "Oh no, they've got NCAA, NBA, NFL and MLB officially licensed Snuggies. This is no good. And why are they raising the roof?"

December 25th, 2009: "What is this? So much tissue paper. Mom, you always wrap presents so beauti...I AM NOT OPENING THIS!!!! KAY!"

December 26th, 2009: "No, Dad. I'm not going to be wearing that thing. It's ridiculous and it makes me mad."

December 29th, 2009 [8:15 pm]: "Look at this (Haley, Sam and Gabriel)! Isn't it ridiculous? It's even got a pocket on the front. What? Am I going to put my remote control in that? Look at me! I look so stupid."

December 29th, 2009 [8:30 pm]: "I know! It's a walking hazard. I almost tripped 15 times walking from the kitchen to the table. They are going to get sued for so much money from everybody who trips over this ridiculous backwards robe."

December 29th, 2009 [9:00 pm]: "I don't know why I've still got this thing on. It really is pretty comfortable. And my cell phone fits so nicely in the pocket on the front."

December 31st, 2009 [8:30 pm]: "I know, Berge. I always said I'd never wear it but it is so comfortable. And it's long enough to cover my legs when I am watching TV. And see! I can put the remote in this pocket. Yeah, it could be a hazard when I go downstairs but I just throw it over my shoulder."

3 comments:

The Glengarry Sporting Club said...

For the record, this was a readaloud to my wife.

msbullie said...

I had a feeling anyone as cold natured as you would enjoy the Snuggie. I want one of the MSU ones.

Jen Clapp said...

I was actually kinda sad that I didn't get a Snuggie (or the off-brand, the Slanket, which my mom has) for Christmas. :(

A friend of mine's family does a White Elephant exchange where everything has to be "As seen on TV"...my brother and I want to introduce that next year!